title="Lesbury Parish Council in Northumberland">

News  » "Village hall update, March 2012"

«  Go back to headlines...

Village hall update, March 2012   ()


Lesbury Village Hall was founded by the Percy family in 1857 and served as a school until 1971. It became a Hall in 1972 and provides a centre for community based activities, clubs and other organisations. It is managed by Trustees in the form of a management committee made up of volunteers. The committee meets on the third Tuesday of the month at least 9 times a year and the AGM (open to the public) is held in June. The hall is self financing.
Chair                Clive Gibson                01665-833144
Secretary         Sue Gibson                  01665-833144
Booking Rep    Murray Davies              01665-519437 
                                                            (Eve and Weekends)
The committee is currently looking at bringing the hall up to modern standards of décor and facilities. This will be an ongoing project involving local consultation and fund raising events. In the meantime it is still a thriving community facility and the committee is always keen to attract new users (and committee members!!).
Current activities include:
Bridge Club, Mums and toddlers, Women’s Institute, Carpet Bowls, Autumn Club, Pilates, Art Group, Singing club and numerous other events throughout the year.
Upcoming Functions
We will be celebrating its 40th Anniversary as a Village Hall by holding an open afternoon on Saturday the 16th of June, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm. This will involve the sale of light refreshments, some static displays provided by the users, live entertainment and the chance for the public to have their say as to how the hall is modernised.
Additional Fund raising events will be held throughout the rest of the year including a Cabaret evening in November. Watch out for the advertisements.


Please support this worthwhile community hub and help us guarantee its survival for the next 40 years.